Water to Thrive, Marketing and Outreach Internship, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7857
Sat, March 1, 2014
Duration of Internship: Now-May and August 2014 (Dates flexible)
Location: Austin, Texas
Areas of Focus: Marketing and Outreach
Hours Per Week: 10-20hrs per week
About Water to Thrive: Water to Thrive is a faith-based nonprofit dedicated to the mission of bringing safe, clean water to communities in rural Africa. In the past 5 years, over 440 wells have been built, providing the gift of clean water to more than 215,000 people in East Africa.
Water To Thrive (W2T) is looking for an energetic, highly motivated Marketing and Outreach intern to work in our in Austin, Texas office.
This position requires researching and developing strategies for supporters, organizations, and media (local and national) to promote Water To Thrive and build sustainable engagement across the country.
Candidates should have strong written communication skills as well as in-depth knowledge of social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Vimeo. Public relations experience is preferred.
The Marketing and Outreach Intern will gain valuable experience working with various people in both the non-profit and private sector all while learning about the internal operations of growing, passionate non-profit organization.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Updating social media channels
• Assist with compiling outreach contact lists
• Help organize donor information and profiles
• Research creative and innovative ideas to promote W2T and our initiatives
• Reflect W2T’S voice and tone in all communications (possibly presentations in community)
• Work across departments to assist, as needed
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold minimum junior-level college/university standing with practical training and experience in Communications, Marketing, PR, or Journalism
• Be a self-starter who is able to take responsibility for projects and work independently
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be detail-oriented, a problem solver, an efficient multi-tasker and extremely organized
• Be devoted to and believe in the vision and mission of W2T
• Have a strong knowledge of computer and word processing applications
• Have a working knowledge of using social media tools for business
• Have a working knowledge of emerging technology platforms
• Have an assertive, can do attitude and be able to work independently as well as be a team player
• Flexibility in schedule
• Previous marketing experience and background a plus
• Access to a laptop computer and a smartphone device
PAY & BENEFITS
This is a non-paid internship, however, it may be eligible for college credit. There may be occasional opportunities for work-related travel. (Please make sure to check with your university)
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7857. Application Deadline 3/1