Sasaki Associates, Systems Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7929
Sat, February 15, 2014
As a member of our small and agile team, you will be responsible for taking software, data and process improvement projects from concept to implementation.
The core work of the systems analyst will be immersing yourself in a business problem and figuring out a better way of doing things. Your projects will follow a pattern of identifying an opportunity for an improvement, observing and interviewing people to intimately understand the status quo, evaluating software options and process changes, implementing clever adaptations of software to fit the need, and testing and communicating the rollout of those changes. Projects will include data analysis and display as well as software operations to help people better manage processes.
The IS and Strategies teams are connected and you will operate in both worlds. As part of the IS team you will work on internal operations with a focus on the people in our company. As part of the Strategies team you will live and breathe data and work closely with our software developers.
• Facilitating project specifications with employees
• Researching and evaluating products and software architectures
• Customizing and configuring SaaS and other software products
• Data analysis using spreadsheets in sophisticated ways and sometimes databases
• Crafting self-help instructions and rollout plans
• Coordinating with and guiding software developers
• Working closely with the CIO and other team members
The Team and the Company
Our technology team strives to be independent innovators who know when to communicate with each other. We each have a high level of autonomy to meet a team goal of low maintenance and high innovation. We teach ourselves and get training to specialize where a depth of understanding is required, yet also consistently learn from each other so as not to create bottlenecks. We are consistent about putting information in our knowledgebase with a goal that none of us will be stuck not knowing where to start in a sticky situation. Our helpdesk vision is, "Delivering happiness through partnership" and our people focus saturates through every decision we make. We value fresh ideas, clear thinking, communication, sound judgment, curiosity, courage, passion, honesty, and selflessness. (And a sense of humor!)
Sasaki Associates is a design firm and consultancy. Our co-workers are diverse, smart and interesting. We have a non-corporate small company culture and the company strongly supports the value of technology. Our company purpose is evident in our mission statement: Planning and Design for a Better World.
• 4-year degree, bachelor’s or equivalent—we are open to a diversity of backgrounds
• Experience in client-facing consulting or similar project-based problem-solving work
• Technology proficiency in multiple domains, in particular configuring SaaS software
• 5+ years of professional experience—however we will consider candidates at different experience levels and match salary to experience
• Strong communication skills
• Passionate for improvement
• Quick learner
• A Simplifier
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7929