Phillips 66, Communications & Public Affairs Internship, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 6502
Tue, February 18, 2014
Built on more than 130 years of experience, Phillips 66 is a growing energy manufacturing and logistics company with high-performing Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses. This diverse portfolio enables Phillips 66 to capture opportunities in the changing energy landscape. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 13,500 employees who are committed to operating excellence and safety. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2013. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @P66oncampus.
Come spend your summer with us and experience the excitement of working in a growing energy manufacturing and logistics company as part of our Communications & Public Affairs (C&PA) team. At Phillips 66, our C&PA function is an embedded strategic partner with the businesses we serve. We design and deliver strong global communications that are aligned with the company’s overall business strategy. We strive for functional C&PA excellence and are looking for talented people to join our team.
Summer internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We'll offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will also participate in our company-wide internship program. This program includes orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders. You will participate in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor. Near the end of your internship, you will be asked to give a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as what you learned from the internship program. The Phillips 66 C&PA organization targets individuals who have an interest in and wish to begin their careers in our area of the energy industry.
You will receive diversified training through significant project assignments using the skills you have acquired in college and other relevant work experiences. The project(s) will offer the opportunity to work amongst the different facets of the C&PA organization including external communications, internal communications, digital media, public policy and stakeholder engagement, community investments and brand. The assignments will help to develop you technically and professionally, and will involve personal interaction with various Phillips 66 business units.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, - Business, Marketing, Public Policy or related discipline
- Graduation expected in Winter 2014 or Spring/Summer 2015
- A minimum of 10 continuous weeks availability for internship
- Must be willing to work in Houston, TX
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Related work or internship experiences
- Proven leadership ability
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills/team player
- Results oriented
- Passionate, self-starter
- Willingness to take prudent risks
- Outstanding oral & written communication/presentation skills (Knowledge of AP Style)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
See BTT Gateway Job ID 6502. Application deadline 2/18