UT Press, James A. Michener Fellowship in Publishing, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8039
Mon, March 31, 2014
About the Fellowship:
- The Fellowship program is designed to give one year of experience in book publishing to the most qualified applicant.
- The 2014–2015 Fellowship is being offered in Marketing. The Fellowship will consist of one year of intensive training in the Marketing department, with exposure to and instruction in the operations of the other departments.
- The objective of the program is to help prepare the Fellow for a career in book publishing.
- The emphasis will be on scholarly publishing, although much of the training will apply equally well to commercial publishing.
Fellowship Eligibility and Requirements:
- The James A. Michener Fellowship in Publishing is open to applicants with a degree in any field of the Humanities from any accredited institution of higher education, although degrees outside Humanities can be considered.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to pursue a career in publishing.
- The Fellow, before accepting the appointment, will be asked to sign a statement of understanding and intent—an understanding of the program’s purpose and procedures and the intent to complete the Fellowship year and to pursue a career in publishing.
- Fellows are not enrolled in academic courses, and will not receive academic credit.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8039