New Era Colorado Foundation, Summer Fellowship, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 6942
Fri, April 25, 2014
New Era Colorado’s Democracy Fellows program is an intensive, ten week-long summer bootcamp that trains the next generation of progressive young leaders to create change in their communities. Fellows work to build a more hands-on democracy, developing their leadership skills while learning and applying the principles of grassroots organizing and political advocacy.
The program’s curriculum is a combination of classroom-setting instruction and on-the-ground grassroots work. During each morning’s classroom session, fellows learn from the best in their !elds, including current and former legislators, campaign managers, media strategists, and local political leaders. Fellows spend the afternoons in groups working on issue campaigns, which could include building support for anything from comprehensive immigration reform to stronger fracking regulations that protect public health.
In short, Democracy Fellows is a training program designed to act as a springboard for young leaders to enter the life of public service in Colorado. Fellows will leave the program with the tools and skills to advocate for the issues they are passionate about, organize others to take action, and lead in their communities.
1. Leaders for the long-term. Gain invaluable leadership skills, and flex those new muscles all over this great state...New Era style.
2. Engagement that matters. Conduct on-the-ground grassroots work to impact top-level policies and make a lasting impact on Colorado’s political landscape.
3. Democracy for the win. Do the heavy lifting to create a more hands-on democracy that works for everyone.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
This program is for hardworking young folks, college students, and recent grads. We look for the following:
• Passion for civic engagement, democracy, and
• A high energy and contagiously fun(ny) personality
• Proven and highly effective organizational and
written/oral communication skills
• A strong affinity for thinking outside of the box
• A self-starter that shows strong initiative and can
work independently or in teams
• Ability to work within diverse and underrepresented
• Willingness to work non-traditional work hours
(nights and weekends)
• Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
BTT Gateway Job ID 6942