3/21 – RSF Partners, Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8122
Fri, March 21, 2014
RSF Partners is a real estate private equity fund manager that has deployed approximately $700 million in capital since its formation in 1997. RSF focuses on making prudent risk-adjusted equity investments in real estate related companies and assets across the United States.
Its primary objectives are to:
• Protect investment capital by seeking proper credit enhancements
• Provide compelling returns to its investors
• Retain significant control over invested assets
The Partnership’s value-oriented investment model focuses on acquiring quality assets at attractive bases, and on exploiting the real estate equity capital market gap between small investors and institutional investors. The investments are typically structured as either preferred or common equity. The Partnership’s culture of downside protection and risk/return judgment combined with its high energy atmosphere makes for an exciting and intellectually stimulating work environment. Since inception in 1997, a period that has included two severe real estate downturns, only one of over 150 investments by the prior Funds has resulted in a loss of investor capital.
RSF continues to grow its business, having just recently raised a sixth investment fund in the amount of $200 million. This growth demands the addition of an investment professional that can assist with all critical firm functions including deal sourcing, underwriting, execution, asset management, investor relations and firm presentations.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Screen new investment opportunities with assistance from partners
• Assist in the analysis and underwriting of potential investments including developing transaction specific financial models
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of investor reporting and other forms of investor correspondence
• Assist in the preparation of investment committee presentations
• Interviewing and evaluating potential operating partners
• Assist in the monitoring of existing investments
• Develop and manage pipeline of investment opportunities and potential operating partners
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 0-2 years of experience in real estate, real estate finance, or other investing
• High energy level and ability to work independently to complete projects with an eye for detail
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong oral and written communication abilities
• Desire to work in a demanding and challenging organization
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to grow with the organization
We are looking for someone with a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for investing who can easily pivot from building a sophisticated financial model in excel to persuasively advocating a deal in an investment committee meeting. RSF maintains an open, entrepreneurial, and collegial work environment -- the analyst will have the opportunity to learn and work directly with senior partners at the firm and will be a critical member of RSF’s commercial real estate acquisitions team.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume with cumulative GPA and SAT/ACT score broken out (e.g verbal and math if SAT, graduate school tests also acceptable) no later than March 21st, 2014. Please also attach and easy to read copy of your unofficial transcript (can be copied into Word). Must be a US citizen and willing to relocate to Dallas, TX.