Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Summer Internship 20147 Program, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7823
Wed, April 30, 2014
Our Internships play an integral role in the success of Enterprise and are a comprehensive introduction to our Management Training Program. For a college student, real-world professional business experience can put you above the rest when you enter the job market.
Where’s the best place to start? Way out in front.
Our interns go at a highly energized pace. From day one as a paid intern with Enterprise, you'll learn what it takes to run a successful business and acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to every aspect of operating a business. And it's learning by doing, not by getting coffee or filing all day. Our college interns take on the same challenges as our first and second year full-time professionals. It's a team-based environment where the Enterprise employees are supportive and fun!
When you join our Management Internship Program, you'll acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to every aspect of running a successful business. You'll soon discover that every day is different because it is filled with so many new, exciting, rewarding and often unexpected challenges. There is one consistent aspect, however - everyday, you'll learn more about sales/marketing, customer service, business management, and administrative skills than you ever thought possible.
At Enterprise, you won't be a glorified gopher getting coffee or filing all day. Our interns go at the same energized pace and take on the same challenges and responsibilities as our Management Trainees.
Not only is it a paid internship program, but interns may also be eligible for performance incentives and employee referral rewards. The business training you'll receive will be an amazing jumpstart to your career.
For students to develop a general understanding of the entrepreneurial replacement rent-a-car business, along with exposure to customer service, office administration, fleet management, inside sales, outside sales/marketing, staff development, training and other teamwork issues.
Summer Interns will be exposed to all aspects of operating and managing a business. Duties include and are not limited to:
1. Handling telephone and walk-in inquiries.
2. Quoting rates and making reservations in the computer
3. Customer pick-up and return
4. Develop working knowledge of automobile industry as it relates to the replacement rental car market.
5. Open rental contract.
6. Close rental contracts/check in returned vehicles.
7. Receipt revenue
8. Learn balance and deposit procedures.
9. Prepare vehicles for pre-rental cleanliness and maintenance (wash, vacuum, clean, check fluids, and tire-pressure). May participate in other fleet management duties
10. Contact clients for billing information and contract extensions (callbacks).
11. Up sell various products including Collision Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance, Supplemental Liability Protection, RAP, larger car classes, and pre-paid fuel.
12. Learn effective customer dispute resolutions to enhance overall customer experience
13. Develop an understanding of the car sales division and send leads for customers interested in purchasing used cars
HOURS AND PAY:
Interns will average 40-50 hours per week depending on the needs of the branch and desire of the intern to work more than 40 hours. Interns will be paid $10.00 per hour up to 40 hours per week. Interns will be paid $15 per hour for hours exceeding 40 hours per week (overtime). Paychecks are distributed every other Friday.
The 2014 Internship will start early June with a mandatory 2 day orientation, the final day of the formal program will conclude late-July.
Junior or Senior enrolled in a Bachelors degree program at a college or university as of May 2014. Good driving record (2 or less moving violations in last 3 years, no DUI). If under 21 years of age must have no moving violations on MVR.
You will prepare a written overview of your intern experience. We are finalizing topics as well as length and will have that information provided at the intern orientation.
The intention of this paper is for the Intern to apply knowledge from their course of study to practical work experience at Enterprise.
please go to http://go.enterprise.com and complete an online application
"Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled"