Liberty Mutual Insurance, Claims Internship-Commercial Insurance, Irving, TX, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8207
Sun, May 18, 2014
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance Company - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual's internship programs give you a chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge, and match your interests to a real job.
Do you have an investigative nature? Like to understand all the details and contributing factors before you make decisions? Like helping people resolve questions? If so, then claims might just be right for you!
As a Claims intern at Liberty Mutual, you will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting Claims professionals with day-to-day job assignments and by participating in additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining real-world work experience.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations
- Gain an understanding of how to evaluate losses
- Learn how to negotiate settlements
- Assess liability of claims based on facts gathered through investigation
- Assist in managing an inventory of claims
- Build business and professional skills that will prepare you for leadership positions
This is your chance to check out Liberty Mutual Insurance as a potential employer. We will provide you with the tools and resources to be successful. Your internship supervisor and the University Relations team are always available to make sure you are benefiting from your experience. An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. You'll participate in educational and social programs that will help your development. And you may qualify for scholarships that will help with tuition costs.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner with an appropriate level of detail, empathy and professionalism
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Good negotiation skills
- Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology helpful but not mandatory
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
BTT Gateway Job ID 8207