BlackRock Inc, Investments-Real Estate Management-2014 Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8239
Sun, March 30, 2014
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world’s largest investment manager, with more than $3.7 trillion invested on behalf of our clients around the globe, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures extremely seriously. That’s why we bring together the best and brightest people – and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today’s New World of Investing™.
We’re looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders – the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Investment Management Real Estate Analyst
Locations: Newport Beach, CA, New York, NY and San Francisco, CA
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Investment Management Analyst will be part of a team of investment management professionals responsible for acquisition, asset management, financing and disposition activities within a specific geographic region. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
1. Assist in the preparation of materials utilized in asset-level business / strategic planning, leasing / marketing initiatives, budgeting, hold / sell analyses, property valuations, and financing / refinancing efforts
2. Support team during the disposition process
3. Assist the team in underwriting potential real estate acquisitions by: 1) producing detailed pro forma cash flow and investment return models using ARGUS and Microsoft Excel; 2) researching markets and submarkets; 3) analyzing both macro and micro trends as it relates to specific asset classes; and 4) generating associated quantitative and qualitative analyses
4. Provide support during the due diligence and closing processes
5. Help prepare investment memoranda and supporting materials for investment committee review
6. Maintain internal database applications for tracking acquisitions, dispositions and on-going property operations
7. Travel may be required, as needed
8. Participate in special projects, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
• Track record of high academic achievement. Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate finance, or related disciplines preferred
• Previous experience in real estate principal investing, development or investment banking is a plus, but not required
• Must be proficient and have demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of ARGUS is preferred
• Ideal candidate will have a combination of strong written / verbal communication skills and a demonstrated attention to detail
• Must be able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and have the willingness to take on additional responsibility
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8239