Websense, Associate Technical Support Engineer, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8260
Mon, April 21, 2014
Just out of college or looking to make a career change? If you have a background in Information Systems or Computer Science and an interest in a challenging tech support position, you may be just who we’re looking for! Websense, Inc. is a global leader in protecting organizations from the latest cyber-attacks and data theft. We are opening a new location in the Austin, TX market and are looking for top candidates for our Technical Support Associate role. You will help us to provide our clients with a front-line defense against hackers and other cyber attackers.
We anticipate tremendous growth from our new Austin location and this entry-level position is an excellent starting point for a rewarding career with us. You will receive comprehensive paid training and ongoing mentoring as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement. If the idea of a career in the cyber-security industry appeals to you and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As a Technical Support Associate, you will assist customers with a variety of issues, including software functionality and other questions relating to the security of their web, email, data and mobile assets. In addition, you will be responsible for managing your assigned workload, identifying when issues needs to be escalated to the appropriate technical staff and consistently providing world-class customer service.
• Ensuring full understanding of each issue, including its impact on the customer
• Gathering logs and configuration details and attempting to reproduce the reported issues
• Researching issues in the Knowledge Base, documentation and through discussion with your team members as needed
• Recommending solutions to customers and following through to resolution or escalating the case in a timely manner if no resolution can be found
• Documenting all interactions and case details within the customer tracking database, including a detailed description of the issue and any resolutions recommended.
• Participating in knowledge sharing via involvement in technical discussions and Knowledge Base documentation
• Streamlining and improving current procedures and assisting in documentation and training
• Meeting individual productivity goals set by management
• Performing other duties and projects as assigned
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree preferred; degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience, a plus
• Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and to derive solutions
• Ability to manage confidential information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to be flexible with working schedule to provide coverage for different day time shifts
• Experience in a customer service or customer support environment, a plus
BTT Gateway Job ID 8260