Applied Economics Consulting Group, Inc., Research Assistant/Consultant, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8335
Sun, May 11, 2014
Research Assistant / Consultant –
Will work under the supervision of Senior Consultants and Principles in completing research and financial analysis tasks related to litigation engagements of the firm.
• Recent college/grad school graduate or 1-2 years relevant post-college experience with degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or other business related degree (w/ heavy quantitative experience)
• Any IP, Valuation or Oil & Gas exposure a plus, as is exposure to business law/litigation/consulting
• Will consider applicants with Law degrees, but please be prepared to explain why you aren't pursuing a career in Law.
• Strong both quantitatively (MUST be strong with Excel) and with research and writing, but will consider candidates stronger in one area than another
• Intellectually curious
• Able to withstand occasional high-pressure situations and maintain a positive attitude
• Strong work ethic; desire to deliver the highest quality work product at all times.
Required Quantitative Skills:
• Intermediate Excel skills: Pivot tables, regressions, financial functions, formatting – must have a good comfort level w/financial modeling, using excel.
• Beginner/Intermediate Access skills: working knowledge of relational databases
Preferred Quantitative Skills:
• Advanced Access skills
• Familiarity with OLAP cubes
• Basic/working knowledge of SQL Server
• Expert level Internet researcher able to identify and quickly assemble credible information about any given topic
• Able to add value by following unexpected threads and uncovering interesting twists and nuances while researching a specific topic
• Able to compile information from a variety of sources and synthesize into formal prose for a legal/business audience
• Mandatory writing requirement: Ability to write in succinct manner, using correct grammar and logic focus
• Able to maintain accurate documentation of sources and citations
• Microsoft Word skills mandatory (i.e. Styles and formatting, footnotes)
• PowerPoint skills helpful
• Ability to maintain organization of large volumes of documents/data
BTT Gateway Job ID 8335