Texas Impact, AmeriCorps*VISTA CPRI Outreach Coordinator, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8348
Mon, June 23, 2014
Texas Impact is looking for passionate, motivated candidates who are interested in spearheading an innovative project that will assist Texans living in poverty statewide connect to social services. Texas Impact is the largest statewide social justice interfaith network in Texas, working to improve the lives of Texans for 40+ years and the supporting organization to the Texas Interfaith Center for Public Policy.
Texas Impact’s Community Partner Recruitment Initiative (CPRI) Outreach Coordinator will work to recruit and support faith-based organizations that join the statewide Community Partner Program. This is a great opportunity to network with faith-based and non-profit professionals to build and sustain a new program aimed at uplifting communities in Texas. The CPRI Outreach Coordinator will also look to strengthen the program’s initiative by creating publication materials, strategies for conducting outreach and systems for ongoing sustainability that will add to the success of the Community Partner Program. Texas Impact, along with Baylor University’s Texas Hunger Initiative (THI) and the Texas Association of Community Health Centers (TACHC), is partnering with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to promote the program. As part of this effort, Texas Impact will focus on recruiting faith communities of all different religious traditions to become Community Partners and collaborate with other community organizations. This is a 12 month, full-time opportunity as a member of the CPRI AmeriCorps*VISTA program serving with Texas Impact. The VISTA CPRI Outreach Coordinator should anticipate some Saturday and Sunday hours.
Positions available in: Amarillo, Dallas, Houston, Lubbock, McAllen, San Angelo, San Antonio, Tyler and Waco, TX
Duties and responsibilities of the CPRI VISTA member include:
• Recruit organizations to become Community Partners
• Assist organizations with volunteer organization and program implementation
• Act as a liaison between the state’s Health and Human Service Commission and recruited organizations
• Develop and execute a written work plan and timeline for outreach
• Develop program materials
• Assist with the facilitation of community partner orientation, training and assistance
• Maintain accurate records of work
• Report on progress in statistical and narrative reports
• Serve as public ambassador for the CPRI project
• Participate in all CPRI and AmeriCorps training, conference calls, events, service projects, and other activities.
• Available to serve full-time for one year
• Valid driver’s license with dependable mode of transportation
• Successful completion of a criminal background check
• Organized and self-motivated
• Able to work flexible 40 or more hour weeks, including some evenings and weekends
• Must be able to attend mandatory VISTA and CPRI trainings.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, social work, sociology or related field or at least two years of work experience
• Knowledge of Texas geography and communities
• Be team-oriented, have self-initiative and be willing to take on a wide range of challenges.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Prior experience in organizing and community outreach.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
BTT Gateway Job ID 8348