Goldman Sachs, Global Investment Research - Equities Research - Chemicals - Business Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8377
Thu, May 1, 2014
Global Investment Research - Equities Research – Chemicals - Business Analyst
Goldman Sachs’ Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
Working closely with the senior Chemicals analyst and other members of the team, the goal of the Business Analyst is to:
• Write reports/notes on companies under coverage
• Communicate with the equities sales force and traders, clients and company managements
• Interpret data and perform analysis on market, economic and political events
• Develop financial models
• 1-2 years related experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, preference for sell side investment research experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience building and updating financial models
• Experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in excel
• Ability to work in a high energy environment
• Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
• Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
Goldman Sachs, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
APPLICATION PROCESS (BOTH STEPS ARE REQUIRED):
1. Register with your School Career Center in order to drop your resume
2. Complete the Goldman Sachs Apply On-Line application at www.goldmansachs.com/careers. You may express interest in up to three locations and divisions through this application.
Application Deadline 5/1. See BTT Gateway Job ID 8377