ACE: A Community for Education, AmeriCorps Early Literacy Tutor, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7720
Mon, September 1, 2014
Work full-time in a low-income elementary school teaching young children to read. This position begins on September 2, 2014.
ACE places highly trained AmeriCorps tutors in low-income elementary schools in Austin and Manor ISD to ensure K-2nd grade children advance to grade level in reading before third grade.
This is a great opportunity to:
• Gain valuable tutoring experience working with young students in an elementary school
• Teach reading through a Response-to-Intervention model
• Receive ongoing training and support from an ACE literacy coach
• Pursue alternative teaching certification through ACE's partnership with Region 13
• Tutor in Spanish and advance your language skills
• Network with other non-profit organizations in Austin through after-school partnerships
• Work within a small team of AmeriCorps members and become part of the national service community
• Commit to serve as an ACE tutor for 10 months from September 2nd through June 30th
• Provide daily 1-on-1 tutoring to 10 kindergarten to second grade students
• Teach and learn using a research-based curriculum
• Participate in community service projects with local non-profits
• Join the national AmeriCorps national service community and change lives, including your own!
• Receive a monthly living allowance
• Earn the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,645 to pay back student loans for pay for future tuition
• Eligibility for student loan forbearance on qualified student loans (see www.americorps.gov)
• Minimum of two years of college experience
• U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien
• A car is required
• Basic computer skills
• Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
• Bilingual applicants must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish.
Apply today at www.aceaustin.org!
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7720. Application Deadline 9/1