PLS Logistics Services, Account Executive Trainee (Dallas), Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8372
Tue, July 1, 2014
Explore this position and apply throught your BTT Gateway account, Job ID 8372
Looking For Outgoing, Competitive, and Career Driven Individuals For Our Brand New DALLAS Office!
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS ONLINE: https://external-plslogistics.icims.com/jobs/1245/account-executive-trainee/job.
They say everything is bigger & better in Texas. Well PLS has now joined the party!
Over the past two decades, we have become one of the country’s leading logistics management service providers. Based in Cranberry Township, PA, we have expanded to include offices in downtown Pittsburgh, PA; Jacksonville and Tampa, FL; Houston, TX; and now DALLAS, TX with continued plans for nationwide expansion! We ship over one million loads annually with thousands of companies all over North America to bring them a new level of optimization to meet their supply chain needs. Solutions. Delivered.
Jump on the PLS EXPRESS as we are now recruiting for our Account Executive Trainee position for our BRAND NEW office in Dallas, Texas. Your first 3 months will be spent training; where you will learn our industry become a founding member of PLS Houston.
You will get to lay the groundwork and set the tone for our expanding sales team in the state of Texas. By joining our transportation brokerage team you will be able to earn un-capped commissions and your performance will be rewarded. PLS also offers full dental, health, and vision benefits with a strong 401K program. Visit our website at www.plslogistics.com/careers for more information. Join our team and see where your new career may take you!
By joining PLS, one the nation's fastest growing and exciting brokerage companies, you will get to
• Build and manage a book of business
• Negotiate price and execute on operational logistics
• Sell on a national level, as well as into Mexico and Canada
• Participate in 3 and ½ months of training. Spent between classroom learning and direct mentorship with our talented Account Executives
• In depth sales training to help you prepare to meet the needs and goals of your customer base
• Direct support from a Group Sales Manager – Our GSMs have all sold for us before so you learn from someone who walked a mile in your shoes
• Proactively develop a new portfolio of clients through cold calling industry leads
• Negotiate client and carrier freight rates
• Take charge of client service issues through to the point of resolution
• Be the liaison between shipper, consignee, and carrier
• Build and foster strong relationships
• Be open to coaching and learning while putting in the time and effort to be successful
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• College degree
• Extreme multi-tasking
• Work Hard - Play Hard Attitude
• Strong communication Skills
• High Energy and Enthusiasm
• Confident decision making
• Career Driven
• Attention to Detail
Founded in 1991 PLS began with seven employees and a single customer, focusing on flatbed shipping within the metals and industrial sectors. Almost 20 years later PLS has emerged as a leading full-service, multi-mode technology-based company. The PLS Team manages the movement of nearly one million loads annually across one of the industry’s largest transportation networks – over 20,000 carrier partners with 250,000 trucks - delivering value by saving our customers time and resources along the way. At PLS, we bring together dedicated, highly motivated people in a fun, collaborative environment. Our business is fast-paced and challenging - you’ll work hard but you’ll play hard too. Take a break to play corn hole or even challenge another team member to a ping-pong game.
We believe in rewarding the efforts of our more than 400 employees. We foster friendship and teamwork, where you’ll support each other to deliver the industry’s best service. And PLS is committed to keeping and motivating top performers by providing the tools and training you need to succeed.
CHECK US OUT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWOxGx0R3g
PLS Has Been Named
• "2010 Finalist People Do Matter" – Pittsburgh Human Resources Association
• "One of Pittsburgh’s Largest Private Companies" – Pittsburgh Business Times, 2010
• "Best Places to Work in PA" – Best Companies Group
• "Best Pittsburgh-Based Business" – TRIB Total Media, 2008
• "One of Pittsburgh’s Best Places to Work" TRIB Total Media, 2008