UT - Information Technology Services, Help Desk Consultant, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8608
Wed, June 18, 2014
Our ITS Help Desk consultants provide excellent customer service and first-level technical support to the University of Texas at Austin community. We provide support and assistance through our call center, e-mail system, and walk up desk.
- Complete Help Desk training that will help you grow and preserve your knowledge of Help Desk procedures and ITS products and services
- Politely respond to the customer's problem and convey a resolution either by resolving it at first contact or escalating it to the next level of support
- Make sure all problems are resolved via phone, e-mail, and walk-in service
- Maintain Help Desk technical documentation
- High school graduate with 6 months of experience in computing, problem solving, and/or troubleshooting
- Active student status at a higher education institution. Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP applications in the Windows, Macintosh, or Unix environments
*At least 19 hours of availability Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm
*We require two semesters of commitment to this position so you must have at least one year of schooling left to apply. We also prefer that you be available for the upcoming summer.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8608