Women, Action & the Media, WAM! Intern, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8834
Fri, August 22, 2014
Explore this internship and how to apply via your BTT Gateway account, Job ID 8834
Ever wish you could get more involved in making women’s words matter in the media? Well, we’ve got a great way to do just that. We’re in the process of hiring WAM! INTERNS for Fall 2014. Could it be you or someone you know?
Help us create gender justice in media by joining the crack team at WAM!Central. Specifically, we’re looking for Program Interns who want to do the following:
- Support our WAM!Chapters, and connect our Women, Action & the Media (WAM!) programs to new communities
- Blog about gender & media issues on our website
- Create video and other media that communicates our mission to key communities
- Help develop & promote our new WAM!CAN Community Action Network
- Gain crucial office skills
Good candidates must be willing to commit to 10-15 hours per week, including time for supervision. Fearless in the face of detail. Computer/internet savvy (Mac especially) very helpful.
As we are almost an almost-entirely volunteer run grassroots nonprofit, we are not yet able to offer a stipend (we’re working on it!) but are happy to work with schools to help you earn college credit.
Feminists of all colors, cultures, identities and orientations encouraged to apply.
Start and end dates are flexible around your academic calendar.