Follow us for interesting article, event, job and internship tweets.
Posted: July 16, 2013
Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging site that lets you send and read messages known as ‘tweets.' You are limited to 140 characters with your tweets and you can either make tweets public (default) or private (you choose who can read). You ‘follow' people or organizations and their tweets show up on your twitter homepage. Why is this so advantageous for students? If you are following companies and organizations you are interested in interning or working at, you will have an automatic feed when they post a position. You can also interact and talk to them by @replying.
Get Started with Twittter
- Join Twitter and send your first tweet and @reply! Check out the Twitter FAQs for help.
- Locate and follow organizations and people you are interested in, including Liberal Arts Career Services (@UTLACS).
- Search for jobs on TwitJobSearch.
- Follow regional/area job accounts. (i.e., @JobsBoston, @medical_jobs)
- Have conversations with organizations in your area of interest and you may end up with great connections.
- Explore "The Twitter Book" (available in our resource library, FAC 18) to learn everything you need to know to become a power user.
Check out our Social Media Guide to help you make the most of social networks in your job or internship search.