Summer 2013 Sessions for Students
You can attend one or both of the following sessions during the summer 2012 semester:
- May 19—June 16
- June 16—July 14
- May 19—July 14 (both sessions)
Project fees are estimated to be US $1,765 for one session or $2,765 for both summer sessions.
This fee includes:
- Room and board
- Project-related travel within Belize
This fee does not include:
- Roundtrip airfare to Belize
- Tuition and fees payable to The University of Texas at Austin (payment of tuition and enrollment for credit are optional)
- Optional travel to Guatemala and/or the Belize Cayes at the end of each session
UT provides Fee Information to help you estimate potential fees.
Generally, students earn 3–6 credit hours during a summer session. Enrollment for credit and payment of UT tuition, however, is optional. Non-student volunteers are welcome to attend.
The courses that are scheduled for university credit are:
- Archaeological Field Techniques, 6 hours
- Conference Course in Anthropology, 3 hours
Deadlines for Non-Texas Residents
- March 1, 2013—Non-Texas residents need to apply by March 1, 2013 if you wish to be considered for financial aid from the Center for Global Educational Opportunities (CGEO). Refer to the UT Study Abroad Office for more information.
- March 1, 2013—Non-Texas residents need to apply by March 1, 2013 if you intend to enroll for tuiton credit at The University of Texas at Austin. If you enroll for tuition at your own university, then this does not apply.