Test Video Stream
Test your computer and internet connection by watching the live test video stream below from the location where you want to take the class. The stream is available 24/7 from the UT campus.
Be sure to review the tips and requirements below.
Computer Hardware & Software
Verify that your computer meets the requirements listed below
- Desktop or laptop computer
- 2GB Ram
- Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8 (run windows updates)
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.4
- Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox (latest 2 versions only)
- Adobe Flash installed and updated (check your Flash version here)
A good internet connection (at least 3Mb/s download)
Tablets and smartphones are not supported.
- If you see messages like "Unable to connect to server" and "Stream not found," check that your wired or wireless network is working and that your firewall is not blocking the video server
- If the video window is black but you see no error message, check that Flash is installed and up-to-date
Tips for the best class experience
Close all unnecessary tabs and programs during class. This includes:
- Chat & messaging programs
- Social media sites
- Youtube or other video sites
- Online/Offline Gaming
Clear the browser's cache before class - here's how
Make sure your computer is free of viruses, malware, and spyware.
- Free antivirus programs from UT are available here
Need Additional Help?
Live technical support during class
Email us any time outside of class at firstname.lastname@example.org