REDCap Information at UT Austin
Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is a secure, web-based application designed exclusively to support data capture for research studies.
- An intuitive interface for data entry with data validation
- Audit trails for tracking data manipulation and export procedures
- Automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- Procedures for importing data from external sources
Advantages of REDCap
- Secure and web-based - Input data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication and data logging.
- Data storage and backups - Your data is stored and backed up on PRC servers, which are approved for Category I data.
- Flexible Databases - Can be used for longitudinal studies, scheduling, paper/pencil forms, telephone interviews, and much more.
- Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level database in less than one day.
- Multi-site access - REDCap projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions.
- Export data to common data analysis packages - Exports raw data and syntax files for SAS, Stata, R, and SPSS for analysis.
- Fully customizable - You are in total control of shaping your database.
- Mid-study modifications - You may modify the database at any time during the course of your study.
- Data import functions - Data may be imported from external data sources to begin a study or to provide mid-study data uploads.
- Data comparison functions - Double data entry / Blinded data entry