Skip Navigation
UT wordmark
College of Liberal Arts wordmark
spa masthead
MEZ 2.302, Mailcode B3500, Austin, TX 78712 • 512-471-7095


A Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) is required for all UT employees and non-employees traveling to conduct university business, regardless of whether or not there is any cost to the university. Non-employees can include prospective students, job applicants, guest speakers, etc. An RTA is needed any time a person conducts university business off-campus for more than 4 hours (i.e. local conference, meeting, etc.).

Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) Form (PDF) - for LAITS staff to process an official, electronic RTA

Airline Reservation Questionnaire (PDF) - for LAITS staff to ticket and direct bill airfare through a UT travel agent

State of Texas Hotel Tax Exemption (PDF) - UT travelers are exempt from state (but not local) hotel occupancy taxes within the State of Texas when staying at a hotel on university business.

After a business trip has occurred, travel expenses should be submitted for reimbursement by completing the Travel Reimbursement Form (PDF) and turning in appropriate receipts.

bottom border