Why Choose Plan II?
We're Plan II Honors at the University of Texas at Austin. What starts here changes the world....
You embrace a challenge. You're open to discovery. You want to change the world, for yourself and for others. Consider, Plan II Honors at the University of Texas at Austin, committed to innovative learning and research. Plan II encourages creativity, analysis and critical thinking while offering students opportunities to find solutions to real-world problems. Imagine yourself on a campus at the heart of a vibrant city that expands opportunities for learning—while still keepin' it weird. Become a part of a diverse UT community known around the world for its bold spirit of pride and competitiveness. Realize you're free to question ideas, pursue long-held passions and explore new interests. Define your future as you redefine what's possible.
Plan II students explore everything that makes us human in the best sense, from ancient poetry and philosophy to the latest discoveries in genetics and cosmology. Established in 1935, Plan II is a challenging interdisciplinary honors major with a required core curriculum that includes the study of literature, philosophy, society, the arts, math and the natural sciences. The Plan II Honors major provides freedom to cross intellectual and disciplinary boundaries.
Why We Love It
- What's so great about the program?
- Top 10 Reasons to come to Plan II
- Resources available to students
- Plan II Student organizations
Public University Honors site! This is the only site on the web that is devoted entirely to the evaluation and discussion of public university honors programs and public honors colleges
- Plan II Honors received the highest achievement of "5 mortar boards" in excellence and honors factors.
- UT ranks in the top four for career services.
- UT ranks #11 in "all scholars" awards.*
- The University of Texas at Austin ranks second in Truman Scholarships. UNC Chapel Hill is first and Virginia is just behind UT Austin.*
- UT Austin leads public university honors in Marshall Scholarships.*
- UT ranked in Princeton Review top 10 list of the best values in public education–the state universities that provide a very high level of quality at a reasonable sticker price or at a price that is offset by financial aid.
See how Plan II stacks up as an interdisciplinary program on Nerdscholar's review of Interdisciplinary Studies Programs: Preparing Students for a World of Complexity.
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Organizations & Activities
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- The Joynes Suite
- Parents & Family
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: