- Dr. Richard Reddick, Assistant Director of Plan II Honors
Office Hours: CLA 2.102, Tuesdays 2-5pm, and by appointment
- Fatima Tarlaci, Teaching Assistant
Office Hours: CLA 2.102, Tuesdays 2:30-4pm, Wednesdays 12-1:30pm, and by appointment
- Dr. Alexandra Wettlaufer, Associate Director of Plan II Honors
Note: on leave Fall 2015
2. Propose: Download (or pick up in the Plan II office) the two part Thesis Registration form (Thesis Registration Part I and Thesis Registration Part II). Fill out Part One and bring it to a meeting with either the Plan II Associate or Assistant Director during their posted office hours (or email them to arrange an appointment time). Discuss your topic and supervisor ideas. If approved, have the Associate or Assistant Director sign Part One and then turn it into the Plan II front desk. This will give you the clearance needed to add the thesis course.
DEADLINE FOR PART ONE: the last Friday BEFORE registration begins (late October for Spring registration; mid April for Fall registration).
3. Confirm: Bring Part Two of the Thesis Registration Form to meetings with professors to discuss your topic and if they would be willing to work with you as a primary supervisor or second reader. Once you have secured agreements from both a faculty supervisor and second reader, have them sign Part Two of the form. Attach an updated resume and short paragraph describing your thesis topic. Turn in your completed Part Two to the Plan II front desk.
DEADLINE FOR PART TWO: The last Friday of finals during the semester prior to starting the thesis course (mid-December for Spring registration; mid-May for Fall registration). Students who fail to turn in Part Two by the deadline will be dropped from the thesis course.
If you are doing an honors thesis course through another department, complete the registration procedures required by that department and submit the Departmental Thesis form to the Plan II office by the fourth class day of the semester you will begin your thesis. See the Plan II Thesis Manual for additional information.
There will be no late thesis registrations, so plan accordingly! If you have any questions, please download the Thesis Manual or contact Mary Dillman.
Plan II Honors Thesis Database
The electronic thesis database was started in 2007, though some earlier theses have been scanned and added to the archive. It's searchable by author, title, supervising professor, keyword, etc.
Other Research Funding Sources and Awards
- Thesis Registration Form Part II
- Departmental Thesis Registation Form
- Fall 15 TC 660HA Course Syllabus
- Fall 15 TC 660HB/TC 359T Course Syllabus
- Progress Report - First Semester
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- The Joynes Suite
- Parents & Family
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: