Continuing Student Scholarships
The following instructions are for current/continuing UT/Plan II Honors students
(Incoming freshmen should see OSFS and Plan II Honors Freshman Scholarship Information)
Apply using the College of Liberal Arts:
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you have not used the system before, you will have to complete a one-time PROFILE. Then you will see a list of scholarships for which you are eligible to apply.
- All Plan II continuing scholarship applications require:
- a cover letter or letter of request,
- a statement of financial need and/or special circumstances, and
- a résumé.
You should prepare these three documents in advance so that you can cut and paste them into the electronic system as needed. Most Plan II students will be able to apply for two or more scholarships and will have to cut and paste the cover letter, financial statement and résumé into multiple electronic applications.
- Look for the scholarship titled Plan II Honors Continuing & Plan II Honors EPS Scholarships (2015/2016). If the scholarship shows up in your listing, you are eligible and have the option of completing the application. We recommend that you apply for all scholarships for which you are eligible.
You must be registered for a minimum of 12 hours for any semester that you receive a scholarship. Almost all of these scholarships are year-long scholarships and require full-time fall and spring registration. You may not receive the scholarship if you are studying abroad during the fall or spring of the scholarship year unless it is a UT affiliated program and you are registered for twelve (12) or more University of Texas course hours. In most cases, but not all, you can receive a Continuing scholarship if you also receive Plan II study abroad, research, thesis or travel funding or a Unrestricted Endowed Presidential Scholarship.
Plan II Scholarship Application Submission Deadline: TBD
Plan II will notify students of scholarship awards BY EMAIL in the summer--probably in late June.
- Plan II Continuing Student scholarships (including the Plan II scholarships awarded through the Texas Exes Association and through the Office of Student Financial Services [OSFS]) are awarded primarily on a financial need basis. Plan II students who do not COMPLETE and SUBMIT both the UT OSFS Continuing Student Scholarship application and the FAFSA are unlikely to receive any Plan II scholarship funding.
In most cases, a great portion of the need requirements of the students with the most financial need are met through Federal, State and University grants and scholarships. Therefore, the students who have UNMET need are often those who would not necessarily have qualified for any support through the FAFSA application. Please do not skip the Plan II scholarship application process because you think that you would not qualify for assistance because of your family's income.
The FAFSA application, or lack of eligibility for financial aid with not hurt your chances of a scholarship award from Plan II Honors.
It is worth your time to complete the FAFSA. We must have a submitted FAFSA to consider you for some merit-based scholarships that have nothing to do with need. The WORST case scenario is that you put yourself in a position to receive much better interest rates on student or parent loans if you have to take loans.
Questions: Phillip Dubov 512-471-1442
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- The Joynes Suite
- Parents & Family
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: