Plan II Travel Grant Information
Fall 2015 - Travel Grant Application
Application opens: August 1, 2015. Deadline: October 20, 2015 (extended)
For travel in fall or during winter break, 2015. For full-semester-abroad Spring travel, apply in the Fall 2015 round. Maymester students should apply in the spring 2016 round.
PURPOSE: Plan II Travel Grants are made to Plan II students only, for academic purposes such as:
- Attending a conference in your field
- Study abroad (any program, whether or not sponsored by UT)
- Gathering data in anticipation of a thesis project (see also Plan II Thesis Grants)
- Plan II does not help you pay for nonacademic travel.
WHEN TO APPLY: Plan II conducts two rounds of grant applications each year. For travel in the summer semester OR the following fall/full academic year, students should apply in the spring. For Maymesters, students should apply during the spring.
AMOUNT: Awards typically range between $500 and $2,000. In most cases, Plan II will pay only part of your costs for the trip. You must therefore seek funds from other sources as well, but your Plan II application must show all of your expenses for the trip.
NOTE: Plan II Travel and Thesis Grants are not intended to cover the entire cost of your proposed travel or project. Only one type of grant will be awarded per student, per travel program or project.
SENIORS: If you are enrolled in the thesis course, use the Plan II Thesis Grant, even if you are traveling to do research.
SPECIAL NOTE - RESTRICTED TRAVEL: The University of Texas System requires all travel to countries with U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings to be reviewed and approved by the University's International Oversight Committee (IOC). Students wanting to travel to restricted regions category 1-4 must complete a Student Request toTravel to Restricted Regions form. We strongly advise students to complete this form during the program application process. Waiting to complete the petition process could result in a student not receiving a travel clearance or denial in time for departure.
Individual students concerned about this new policy should direct questions to their specific study abroad Program Coordinator before contacting the UT International Risk Analyst.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply using the College of Liberal Arts Online Scholarship Portal.
- If you have not used the system before, you will have to complete a one-time profile. Then you will see a list of scholarships for which you are eligible to apply.
- Look for the scholarship titled, "Plan II Travel Grant - Fall 2015" This application may be used for either domestic or conference travel or study-abroad.
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- The Joynes Suite
- Parents & Family
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: