Plan II GETAWAY
Fri, September 6, 2013 | Shady Springs Party Barn; Buses leave at 4:10 pm East Mall Fountain/Winship Circle--the cul-de-sac at CLA--(23rd St dead-ends @ East Mall.)
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Piñata at Getaway
Plan II Freshman Getaway 2013 :: Friday, September 6, 2013
Entering first-year students, Plan II peer advisers P2SA officers and Plan II staff travel off campus for a killer BBQ dinner (with veggie options),swimming, water-balloon battle, piñata, a Shakespeare performance, volleyball and other games. Shady Springs has big beautiful oaks and a lush lawn. They have a spring on the property so even when we are in "extreme" drought conditions, the grass is soft and green. There's a big "party barn," so even if it's rainy, there's plenty of room for fun.
Buses will leave at 4:10 pm from East Mall Fountain/Winship Circle--the cul-de-sac at CLA--the College of Liberal Arts Building (where 23rd Street dead-ends into the East Mall.) The ride to Shady Springs Party Barn takes about 20 minutes. Buses will return you to the College of Liberal Arts Building (CLA)
- Please bring: Comfortable, casual clothes. Shoes or sandals. Bathing suit & towel. Bug spray. Your game face: life happens.
- Don’t bring: Alcoholic beverages. Other illicit substances. Money or valuables (there are no lockers).
- Provided: Buffet dinner featuring Texas-style barbecue and vegetarian options, iced tea, lemonade and water.
- Be ready for: FUN!
It's a bargain at $60.
- $30 of the charge is for the Getaway (transportation, food, beverages, Shakespeare and fun);
- the other $30 pays for a LIFETIME membership in the Plan II Students' Association (P2SA).
Mail in the form(s) and check to the Plan II Honors office or bring the three forms and a check for $60 (or cash) with you to Orientation:
Plan II Honors
The University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd Street, CLA 2.102 G3600
Austin, TX 78712-1250
Cancellations and refunds: Cancel by Friday, August 30. No refunds after this date.
Forms are also available at the Plan II front desk, just stop on by to fill them out before the September 6 (bring your insurance card with you).
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Every Getaway participant must submit THREE FORMS.
And, if you are/will be 18 years of age on Sept. 6, 2013 (date of Getaway):
OR, if you are NOT 18 years old as of September 6, 2013 (date of Getaway):
Sponsored by: Plan II Students' Association and the Plan II Honors Progam
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- The Joynes Suite
- Parents & Family
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: