Class of 2017, Welcome to Plan II Honors
Tue, June 4, 2013
Go to the Plan II First-Years' site for all the PDFs of the Plan II Advising Booklet, the Plan II Registration Guide, the Plan II Student Handbook and the Plan II Parent Handbook (and much more).
Your Plan II Students' Association 2013/2014 Officers are:
P2SA Co-Presidents: Alex Fischer & Brooks Naylor
P2SA Co-Vice Presidents: Ben Johnson & Loktao Shing
P2SA Academic Co-Chairs: Kelsey McKinney & Andrew T. Wilson
P2SA Recruitment Co-Chairs: Rose Palermo & Stephanie Del Paggio
P2SA Co-Treasurers: Carson Modrall & Nicole Bueno
P2SA Communication Co-Chairs: Blair Mockler & Helen Smith
P2SA Volunteer Co-Chairs: Aliyah McRoberts & Tatum Jolink
You'll see all their email addresses noted above.
P2SA Historian(s) and P2SA Secretary(s) will be selected from first-year applicants in September.
Establish your UT e-mail account.
- The University considers email an official form of communication and the UT/Google account the best kind of account to use. So, it's best to use it as your official e-mail address for all university business.
- This is an account that you can keep AFTER graduation! It's a Google account.
- Show the world you're a Longhorn with your firstname.lastname@example.org email address! http://utmail.utexas.edu/
- Be sure to update Plan II (email@example.com) if you claim your UT/Google address (or if you change your email, or permanent address) at any time.
- You do not have to change to a UT account if you already use gmail, yahoo or another service you like, although we do recommend the utexas accounts.
- If you have an email associated with your high school however, be sure to claim another email, and notify me (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP.
Join the Plan II Class of 2017 FaceBook group. You know you want to...
- Request membership at https://www.facebook.com/groups/p2classof2017/. It's a closed "student group/academic group" for entering first-year Plan II students. Your future Plan II compatriots are already getting together in Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas—via the Class of 2017 Facebook Group. Don't be left out! Folks are also organizing dinner get-togethers the night before Orientation sessions. Get to know the people who will be your best friends for the next few years, and often for life.
- There's also a regular (using the term loosely) Plan II students' FaceBook group. Join today at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5873662185/
Plan II Freshman Convocation 2013, 7:00 pm Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Convocation is a required event for all Plan II Honors First Year students. (The only accepted excuses for missing Convocation are scheduled UT classes and Texas Exes Scholarship Award dinners.)
The Plan II director, Professor Michael Stoff, special guest speakers and Plan II Students Association co-presidents address the students and welcome everyone to Plan II Honors. Representatives from all the Plan II Honors student organizations (from the Broccoli Project drama group to the Undecided news blog) will be there to help you get involved and busy.
The Convocation will begin at 7:00 pm. Most World Literature cohorts will have dinner together prior to Convocation (about 5:30 pm) so count that in your time commitment for the evening.
Plan II Freshman Getaway 2013 :: Friday, September 6, 2013
Entering first-year students, Plan II peer advisers P2SA officers and Plan II staff travel off campus for a killer BBQ dinner (with veggie options),swimming, water-balloon battle, piñata, a Shakespeare performance, volleyball and other games. Shady Springs has big beautiful oaks and a lush lawn. They have a spring on the property so even when we are in "extreme" drought conditions, the grass is soft and green. There's a big "party barn," so even if it's rainy, there's plenty of room for fun.
It's quite a bargain at $60. $30 of the charge is for the Getaway (transportation, food, beverages, Shakespeare and fun); the other $30 pays for a LIFETIME membership in the Plan II Students' Association (P2SA).
Mail in the form(s) and check to the Plan II Honors office or bring the three forms and a check for $60 (or cash) with you to Orientation:
Plan II Honors
The University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd Street, CLA 2.102 G3600
Austin, TX 78712-1250
Cancellations and refunds: Cancel by Friday, August 30. No refunds after this date.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Every Getaway participant must submit THREE FORMS.
And, if you are/will be 18 years of age on Sept. 6, 2013 (date of Getaway):
OR, if you are NOT 18 years old as of September 6, 2013 (date of Getaway):
Transportation: Buses will leave at 4:10 pm from Littlefield Fountain (21st Street, at the "bottom of the Six-Pack.") The ride takes about 20 minutes. Buses will return you to Littlefield Fountain on campus at around 9 pm.
- Please bring: Comfortable, casual clothes. Shoes or sandals. Bathing suit & towel. Bug spray. Your game face: life happens.
- Don’t bring: Alcoholic beverages. Other illicit substances. Money or valuables (there are no lockers).
- Provided: Buffet dinner featuring Texas-style barbecue and vegetarian options, iced tea, lemonade and water.
- Be ready for: FUN!
Forms are also available at the Plan II front desk, just stop on by to fill them out before the 6th (bring your insurance card with you).
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- The Joynes Suite
- Parents & Family
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: