Faculty in the News - 2010
- Kirk, David - Round Rock crime on the rise, in line with population boom
- Leal, David - Why Congress Falters on Immigration
- Osborne, Cynthia - Teen parents talk legal, financial consequences of sex
- Regnerus, Mark - Why is Teen Pregnancy Declining?
- Rodriguez, Nestor - Census data: Austin diversifying
- Sakamoto, Arthur - Asian-Americans in U.S. earn less than white men: study
- Angel, Jacqueline - What to Do with Abuelita Challenges Traditions, Wallet
- Crosnoe, Robert - Social Capital, Information,and Socioeconomic Disparities in Math Course Work
- Falbo, Toni - John Boehner's Big Family: Blessing or Curse?
- Gershoff, Elizabeth - The Legal Status of Spanking of Children
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Personnel Economics: Paying the Babysitter
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Tell Me What I Want to Hear Bloombergs Living Wage Study
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Declare your independence before you declare your major
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Choosing Your Comparison Group
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Don't be a "Business Casual" Casualty
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Sorting out daylight-saving time, time zones, even time travel
- Hamermesh, Daniel- Who Pays to Train Pilots?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Overhead and Costing Out Professors
- Hamermesh, Daniel - New Ebook Reveales The Complete System to Being More Attractive and Charismatic
- Hamermesh, Daniel- Want a job? Major in what you enjoy.
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Issues in Labor Economics
- Mirowsky, John - Can Money Buy Happiness?
- von Hippel, Paul - Studies show longer schedule has no effect on learning
- Cubbin, Catherine - Social work professor to study city planning's effect on health
- Hamermesh, Daniel - 3 share Nobel Prize for research on jobs
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Are Greeting Cards a Thing of the Past?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Time for that LCD TV?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - When Your House is Burning Down, How Good is a Public Good?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Social Security and Inflation
- Hamermesh, Daniel - The Bigger the Group, the Less Likely Pareto Improvements?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Bill White says most jobs added during Rick Perry's tenure were government or minimum wage
- Hamermesh, Daniel - What is a Teacher Worth?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Living Wage Waters are Choppy
- Hamermesh, Daniel - What Are the Causes of Stress in Studies?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Does your appearance make you more ‘hireable' and ‘promotable'?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - What's Your Econ 101 Professor Worth?
- Hayward, Mark D. - Stress & Family Divorce Results and Statistics
- Villarreal, Andres - Skin color cited in Mexican Inequality
- Potter, Joseph - Potter, Grossman: Make birth control available to immigrants
- Rodriguez, Nestor - People smuggling: No safe passage
- Rodriguez, Nestor - Study finds fewer illegal immigrants entering the U.S.
- Falbo, Toni - Newsflash: The onlies aren't lonely, and your sibling may have scarred you for life
- Muller, Chandra - Is UT a great college to work for?
- Regnerus, Mark - The Anne Rice defection: It's the tip of the religious iceberg
- von Hippel, Paul - Modified-calendar schools prepare for shift in schedule
- Black, Sandra - Economics department hires first female full professor
- Falbo, Toni - The only child: Debunking the myths
- Falbo, Toni - The only child decision can be onederful
- Gershoff, Elizabeth - After a disaster, kids suffer posttraumatic stress too
- Glenn, Norval - Explain traditional dating
- Hayward, Mark - MSU finds link in undernutrition, brain health
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Extending unemployment benefits
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Pricing beach access
- Hamermesh, Daniel - How the unemployed spent their time in 2009
- Hamermesh, Daniel - The beauty advantage
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Labor pains
- Leal, David - Latinos not flexing political muscle -- yet
- Ritter, Gretchen - New Texas law requires more class details online
- Ritter, Gretchen - Texas universities say new law adds to budget woes
- Rodriguez, Nestor - Mexico's intense urbanization spurs social, economic trends
- Umberson, Debra - Do parents of small children get sick more often?
- Wong, Rebeca - $4.2 million grant funds new UTMB center for rehabilitation research
- Events and Seminars
For PRC Affiliates
- Administrative Services
- Computing Services
- Acknowledging the PRC
- NIH Public Access Policy
- Seed Funds
- Boot Camp
- Texas Census Research Data Center
- IDC Policy
- Weekly Announcements Archive
- Opportunities for Involvement
- Giving to the PRC
Population Research Center
University of Texas at Austin
305 E. 23rd Street
Austin, Texas 78712-1699
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: