More Tips to the Plan II Application
Every applicant is responsible for checking the status of his/her application. Check the status of your application documents regularly until your application and admission decision are finalized and you have followed the “next step” instructions to confirm your UT Austin enrollment.
- The College of Liberal Arts must be selected as one of the two college choices on ApplyTexas.org. Plan II Honors will appear as a major choice in the College of Liberal Arts major menu. You may note Plan II as a major choice or you may choose any other major in the College of Liberal Arts.
- The critical selection of Plan II is on the electronic Honors Application the applicant accesses after submitting ApplyTexas.org. As long as the College of Liberal Arts was selected as one of the college choices on ApplyTexas.org, Plan II will appear as an option on the honors application. The applicant must check Plan II as an honors program choice on the honors application for Plan II Honors to receive the application for admission review.
- If Plan II is the only major choice, the applicant will see the major choice reflected on the Web status check as: Liberal Arts "Undeclared" (undeclared major). That is what is supposed to appear. If an applicant is the top 7%, admission may be reflected as "admitted to Liberal Arts/Undeclared" before the applicant receives an admission decision from Plan II Honors.
- Plan II Honors does not require or offer applicant interviews.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their essays electronically.
- Do NOT send ANY application materials directly to the Plan II Honors Program office. This includes all fees, forms, essays, transcripts, scores and any other type of miscellaneous supporting materials.
- Mail any paper application documents directly to the UT Office of Admission:
Office of Admissions-Processing
University of Texas at Austin
PO BOX 8058
Austin, TX 78713-8058
Remember: Plan II and UT Austin encourage applicants to submit all documents electronically.
- To express/overnight materials through a private delivery service (FedEx, DHL, etc), use:
Office of Admissions/Main 7
2400 Inner Campus Drive
Austin, TX 78712
- Do not submit portfolios, slides, photographs, CDs, DVDs, audio tapes, videotapes, or other unsolicited materials. The items will not be transmitted to Plan II for review. Plan II Honors will not review or return unsolicited materials submitted directly to Plan II.
- Transcripts: The high school may send the official transcript directly to UT. It is also fine for a high school to release the transcript to the student in a sealed envelope. If the school seals the transcript, write the full name and EID on the envelope. What’s important is that the transcript is OFFICIAL and clearly states the student's rank OR clearly states that the school does not rank. Approximately 60% of Texas high schools are now submitting transcripts electronically. That is the preferred method if available at your high school.
- An applicant does not need to take any action to stay in the applicant pool if denied by Plan II Honors or any other competitive major/degree.
- SAT and ACT test scores must be officially/electronically reported to the University of Texas Office of Admissions by the testing agency. Scores that are reflected on high school transcripts will NOT fulfill application requirements.
- Plan II applicants will learn of their Plan II admission status in writing through the US mail. We will not discuss admission status over the phone or send notification via email except in unusual circumstances (i.e. applicant lives in another country).
- Be sure to include the full name and EID on all application documents to ensure that documents are matched and processed promptly.
- Contact the UT Office of Admissions: 512-475-7387, visit Texas Admissions, for questions or problems concerning UT admission, receipt of application materials, UT or other major/college admission status, UT requirements, policies or procedures
- Questions or technical problems with the Texas Common Application? Contact ApplyTexas
- Questions or problems with Plan II Honors information, forms or procedures? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (or call Kerry Pasquale, the Plan II Honors admission director, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 512-471-1886). Email is preferred and often allows answers of greater detail.