More Tips to the Plan II Application
Every applicant is responsible for checking the status of his/her application. Check the status of your application documents regularly until your application and admission decision are finalized and you have followed the “next step” instructions to confirm your UT Austin enrollment.
- Plan II Honors does not require or offer applicant interviews.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their essays electronically.
- Do NOT send ANY application materials directly to the Plan II Honors Program office. This includes all fees, forms, essays, transcripts, scores and any other type of miscellaneous supporting materials.
- Mail any paper application documents directly to the UT Office of Admission:
Office of Admissions-Processing
University of Texas at Austin
PO BOX 8058
Austin, TX 78713-8058
Remember: Plan II and UT Austin encourage applicants to submit all documents electronically.
- To express/overnight materials through a private delivery service (FedEx, DHL, etc), use:
Office of Admissions/Main 7
2400 Inner Campus Drive
Austin, TX 78712
- Do not submit portfolios, slides, photographs, CDs, DVDs, audio tapes, videotapes, or other unsolicited materials. The items will not be transmitted to Plan II for review. Plan II Honors will not review or return unsolicited materials submitted directly to Plan II.
- Transcripts: The high school may send the official transcript directly to UT. It is also fine for a high school to release the transcript to the student in a sealed envelope. If the school seals the transcript, write the full name and EID on the envelope. What’s important is that the transcript is OFFICIAL and clearly states the student's rank OR clearly states that the school does not rank. Approximately 60% of Texas high schools are now submitting transcripts electronically. That is the preferred method if available at your high school.
- The College of Liberal Arts must be selected as one of the two college choices on ApplyTexas.org. Plan II Honors will appear as a major choice in the College of Liberal Arts major menu. You may note Plan II as a major choice or you may choose any other major in the College of Liberal Arts.
- The critical selection of Plan II is on the electronic Honors Application the applicant accesses after submitting ApplyTexas.org. As long as the College of Liberal Arts was selected as one of the college choices on ApplyTexas.org, Plan II will appear as an option on the honors application. The applicant must check Plan II as an honors program choice on the honors application for Plan II Honors to receive the application for admission review.
- If Plan II is the only major choice, the applicant will see the major choice reflected on the Web status check as: Liberal Arts "Undeclared" (undeclared major). That is what is supposed to appear. If an applicant is the top 7%, admission may be reflected as "admitted to Liberal Arts/Undeclared" before the applicant receives an admission decision from Plan II Honors.
- An applicant does not need to take any action to stay in the applicant pool if denied by Plan II Honors or any other competitive major/degree.
- SAT and ACT test scores must be officially/electronically reported to the University of Texas Office of Admissions by the testing agency. Scores that are reflected on high school transcripts will NOT fulfill application requirements.
- The Plan II Honors admission status (admitted, deferred or declined) will never show on the BeALonghorn status-check Web site. Plan II applicants will learn of their Plan II admission status in writing through the US mail. We will not discuss admission status over the phone or send notification via email except in unusual circumstances (i.e. applicant lives in another country).
- Be sure to include the full name and EID on all application documents to ensure that documents are matched and processed promptly.
- Contact the UT Office of Admissions: 512-475-7387, visit BeALonghorn, or the Office of Admissons for questions or problems concerning UT admission, receipt of application materials, UT or other major/college admission status, UT requirements, policies or procedures?
- Questions or technical problems with the Texas Common Application? Contact ApplyTexas
- Questions or problems with Plan II Honors information, forms or procedures? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (or call Jennifer Scalora, the Plan II Honors admission director, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 512-471-1886). Email is preferred and often allows answers of greater detail.
AVAILABLE TEST DATES, INCLUDING DECEMBER DATES
As the admissions application deadline moves to December 1, the Office of Admissions has decided to accept test scores from December test dates for both the ACT and SAT. Details about the date by which scores must arrive will be available before the application opens on August 1. All other items needed to complete a student’s application must arrive by the December 1 deadline.
NOTE: scores reported on high school transcripts will NOT be considered and will not complete an application for UT or for Plan II.
- Either SAT or ACT scores are required to complete an application. An applicant does not have to submit scores from both tests. Simply taking both tests provides no additional benefits. Plan II does not have a preference for either test over the other.
- SAT and/or ACT test scores must be officially/electronically reported to the University of Texas Office of Admissions by the testing agency. Scores that are reflected on high school transcripts will NOT fulfill application requirements.
- Test scores must be sent electronically by the testing agency to the University of Texas and must arrive on or before the deadline. Test scores noted on high school transcripts will not be considered. Use the following codes: SAT code 6882; ACT code 4240 when submitting scores to UT Austin.
- There is no reporting code for Plan II. Simply report scores to The University of Texas at Austin. Plan II has access to all scores reported to the University.