Current Student Information
The Student Honor Code:
As a student of The University of Texas at Austin, I shall abide by the core values of the University and uphold academic integrity.
University Code of Conduct:
The core values of The University of Texas at Austin are learning, discovery, freedom, leadership, individual opportunity, and responsibility. Each member of the university is expected to uphold these values through integrity, honesty, trust, fairness, and respect toward peers and community.
A fundamental principle for any educational institution, academic integrity is highly valued and seriously regarded at The University of Texas at Austin. More specifically, you and other students are expected to maintain absolute integrity and a high standard of individual honor in scholastic work undertaken at the University. This is a very basic expectation that is further reinforced by the University's Honor Code. At a minimum, you should complete any assignments, exams, and other scholastic endeavors with the utmost honesty, which requires you to:
- acknowledge the contributions of other sources to your scholastic efforts;
- complete your assignments independently unless expressly authorized to seek or obtain assistance in preparing them;
- follow instructions for assignments and exams, and observe the standards of your academic discipline; and
- avoid engaging in any form of academic dishonesty on behalf of yourself or another student.
UT Austin Academic Integrity: A Brief Guide to Avoiding Plagiarism
Campus Climate Response Team
- Do you know of a student organization hosting a party with a racist theme?
- Have you seen derogatory graffiti on bathroom walls and buildings regarding sexual orientation or gender identity and expression?
- Have you overheard malicious threats intended to intimidate another person because of their religion?
- Are you worried that somebody has created a hostile or offensive classroom environment?
- Do you have concerns about a campus climate incident but you are not sure what to do?
Click on the icon to report a bias incident at UT to the Campus Climate Response Team: