Plan II Honors Internship at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum
Plan II Honors offers an internship program at the LBJ Library and Museum. This internship program is active during the fall and spring semesters and would be a great opportunity for any student interested in history, government, politics, international affairs, domestic affairs, public policy, and education. The time commitment is 10 hours per week each semester. This internship opportunity is paid; the student selected will receive a $1500 stipend each semester sponsored by both the Plan II Honors Program and the LBJ Library and Museum. Note: to receive the stipend, the intern must be enrolled in at least six credit hours during the fall and spring semesters and be able to work in the US without restrictions.
The 2014-2015 intern will work in the Education Division and may be asked to work on projects such as conducting document and audio-visual research on specified topics to supplement curriculum, permanent and temporary museum exhibits, and develop additional classroom or online activities all aligning with Texaas and national social studies standards. In year's past students have also worked in the Archive Division of the LBJ Libray and Museum.
- coursework in History or Government (a plus)
- demonstrated organizational skills
- demonstrated regular and punctual attendance at work and professional demeanor
- knowledge and interest in US History (a plus)
- UTeach student or College of Education student (a plus)
TO APPLY – All applicants should provide the following:
- a one-page resume
- a letter from the applicant describing his/her interest and qualifications
- a letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member or someone who knows the candidate's professional qualifications pertinent to this internship
All internship positons are currently filled, applicaitons for the 2015-2016 academic year will be accepted during the spring 2015 semester, check back here for an update.
For more information, visit the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum.