Alexandra Wettlaufer (12/13 Acting), Director CLA 2.102, Austin, TX 78712-1250 • 512-471-1442
Safety and Resources
For Parents and Students:
- Campus Watch: Students and parents can subscribe to Campus Watch to get daily e-mails about recent crime on campus, crime statistics and crime prevention tips.
- Alcohol Education: Healthy Horns offers an on-line alcohol education program. Parents can see a 15-minute video on how to talk to a child about alcohol use.
- Live Safe: A safety guide with tips for daily safe living off-campus (but good tips for safe living anywhere).
- S.U.R.E. Walk: UT student volunteers escort students to cars or buildings Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am. 232-9255 Program the number into your cell phone.
- BCAL: Behavior Concerns Advice Line. This is a 24-hour hotline which provides University of Texas at Austin faculty, students and staff an opportunity to discuss their concerns about another individual’s behavior. 232-5050
- If callers choose to remain anonymous, they may do so.
- Cases that present an immediate threat to self, others or property should be considered an emergency and should be directed to the University of Texas Police Department (UTPD) by calling 911.
- Safety Protocol (click on Safety Protocols) Covers the signs of a disruptive or distrubed persona and what to do if a person is agressive or is armed.
- Longhorns Mobile Campus: UT will notify students and faculty of campus emergencies via text message.
- Rape Agression Defense: UT offers feee courses to teach women self-defense techniques to use against attackers.