Students in Service AmeriCorps Program Informational session
Mon, October 18, 2010 • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM • SSB G1.106
The Volunteer and Service Learning Center is excited to introduce the Students in Service AmeriCorps program. SIS is a part-time AmeriCorps program that offers scholarships to students who serve their community for total of 300 hour throughout the year. 300 service hours = $1132 (1 year)
Who can participate?
Just about any student who serves their community through:
- Volunteering at a legitimate non-profit, government or education institution.
- Completing non-paid internship a non-profit organization
- Practicum hours, such as nursing, counseling, firefighting, student teachers who qualify (see below), etc.
- Student teachers teaching at a Title 1 school, in Special Education, ESL/Bilingual Education, or Math and Science Education
- Completing service-learning requirements for a class
- Participating in Federal Work Study Program
How to get started?
- Attend one of the informational session listed below
- Sign-up for one of the 40 slots available during the information session
- For additional information, contact Yvonne Fuentes