Elements (of Computing) Information Session
Thu, October 25, 2012 • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM • ACES 5.336
Preparing for Life in the Digital World
The Elements Program is for non-CS majors interested in learning about the enabling technology of our age. It aims to:
- Teach thinking and problem solving skills using computing technology.
- Provide an understanding of the technologies that are ubiquitous in the modern world and workplace.
- Provide technical skills to complement your major, whatever your major may be.
Advantages of Elements Certificate
Becoming certified may help you to:
- Understand your world better
- Gain a competitive advantage in the workplace
- Become a more productive, more informed citizen
- Impress your friends and family
What Past Students Have Said
- Employers like candidates with some technical background.
- Helped me get an internship and excel in this job.
- The Database class helped me during an internship, while the Networking class has enabled me to understand the Internet a lot better.
PAI 5.60 | 1 University Station C0500 | Austin, TX 78712 | Tel: (512) 471-9509