Apply to be an Honors Colloquium Student Mentor for Honors Colloquium, July 23-25, 2009.
Deadline for applications, April 6, 2009
Posted: March 20, 2009
The Honors Colloquium staff invites you to apply for a position as an Honors Colloquium Student Mentor for the 28th annual Honors Colloquium, held July 23-25, 2009.
The Honors Colloquium is a three-day recruiting event, which takes place on The University of Texas at Austin campus and is designed to introduce rising high school seniors to life at the university while encouraging them to apply to UT and its honors programs.
The role of a Student Mentor includes:
1. Collaborating with other Student Mentors to lead a cohort of participants in group discussions and activities
2. Attending appropriate training in preparation for Colloquium
3. Acting as a Residential Assistant for the participants; residing in Jester Residence Hall for the duration of the Colloquium
4. Being a role model to participants and demonstrating the most successful Longhorn student behavior
5. Assisting Honors Colloquium staff in other tasks as assigned.
All materials must be submitted online no later than April 6, 2009 at 5 p.m.