2011 Distinguished Graduates
Posted: May 7, 2011
Plan II Distinguished Graduates and College of Liberal Arts Dean’s Distinguished Graduates Announced
Four graduating Plan II Honors seniors have been named College of Liberal Arts Dean’s Distinguished Graduates. Each year the College of Liberal Arts honors 12 seniors with the Dean's Distinguished Graduate Award for their leadership, scholarly achievements and service to the community. The students will be honored at the Plan II Honors commencement convocation ceremony on Saturday, May 21.
The 2011 Plan II Honors College of Liberal Arts Dean's Distinguished Graduates are:
- William Cochran (Plan II Honors)
- Monica Gully (English/Plan II Honors)
- Wiley Jennings (Latin American Studies/Plan II Honors)
- Jessika Roesner (Linguistics/Computer Science/Plan II Honors)
This year marks the 31st anniversary of the Dean’s Distinguished Graduate program, which has yielded more than 360 alumni who represent the best and the brightest graduates of the College of Liberal Arts. In 2009 the College created the Dean’s Distinguished Graduate Alumni Association in an effort to better connect alumni to one another and the college. Visit this website for more information.
Plan II Distinguished Graduates recognized for outstanding achievement in Plan II Honors and/or outstanding involvement and contribution to the Plan II Honors Program.
The 2011 Plan II Distinguished Graduates are:
- Mia Avramescu (Plan II Honors & Sociology)
- Elana Estrin (Plan II Honors & Bachelor of Arts in Music, Violin)
- Leah Holder (Plan II Honors)
- Emily Hawthorne (Plan II Honors and French with Arabic minor)
- David (Scott) Hebert (Plan II Honors and Special Honors in Japanese)
- Margaret (Megan) Sanders (Plan II Honors and Special Honors in Psychology, BS)
- Elizabeth (Liz) Wong (Plan II Honors and BS in Textiles and Apparel)