Submitting to Plan2News
Plan2News is published on Tuesdays and Fridays during the semester for students currently registered in Plan II and others associated with Plan II who send their e-mail addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. News items for the letter include announcements from the Plan II office and the Plan II Student Association, as well as performances and exhibits by Plan II students. Read the newsletter to learn about courses, registration, advising, job opportunities and special events. Personal and political announcements will not be published in the newsletter; and internships and job announcements should normally be sent to the Liberal Arts Career Services office, after which they may be considered for publication in the newsletter.
Please keep in mind that although Plan2News enjoys a substantial and diverse readership, its circulation is still relatively small. It should not be relied upon as an employer's only means of advertising for a position, a group's only advertisement for an event, etc. To reach a wider audience, please use university-wide electronic and paper advertising outlets.
We'd be delighted to share your employment opportunity with the Plan II community. However, UT policy requires that all such postings are also submitted to Liberal Arts Career Services. You can fulfill that requirement online here:http://www.utexas.edu/cola/orgs/lacs/Employers/Overview.php. Recruiters will find LACS can be a lot of help with narrowing and focusing employers applicant search. If you contact Plan2News again after notifying LACS, we will publish your notice in the next issue of the newsletter.
To place a news item in Plan2News, you must do the following, or your messages will not be included:
- Type your news item in the body of an e-mail to email@example.com.
- In the subject line, write “Plan2News” exactly.
- Give the name of a contact person with phone number or e-mail address.
- Provide an activity date or a deadline, whichever is appropriate.
- Do not use “we” or “I.” Please write your submission in third person.
- Write in complete sentences and use correct grammar.
- News items will run until your deadline, or through two issues of the newsletter if no deadline is provided.
- The text of submitted newsletter items (including job and internship postings) must be fewer than 150 words, not including headline and contact information. Please edit your entries to this length before submission. An overly-lengthy entry will be returned to its sender and will not appear until this standard is met.
Send your news item to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 2:00 p.m. on Monday (for the Tuesday letter) or 2:00 p.m. on Thursday (for the Friday letter). The 2:00 p.m. deadline is final. Do not send your message to any other address. No one else can approve news items for inclusion in the Plan II newsletter and no other address will be used to receive entries.