Richard R. Flores, Director GEB 1.308, Austin, TX 78712 • (512) 232-2789
Professional Development Sequence
Applying to the Professional Development Sequence
The Professional Development Sequence (PDS) is the final two semesters of the UTeach-Liberal Arts program: UTL 640 and UTL 360/670. To be eligible to enter the PDS you must:
- Have successfully completed UTL 101 with the grade of at least B;
- Be enrolled in UTL 202 OR have successfully completed UTL 202 with the grade of at least B;
- Have an overall UT GPA of 2.75 or above;
- Have a GPA of 3.00 in your certification area;
- Meet with a UTeach-Liberal Arts Program Advisor to review your remaining course requirements and to ensure your eligibility;
- Obtain a TEA ID at the TEA Login site;
- Complete an online application at the College of Education PDS Application webpage.
After You Apply
You will receive a secure academic note outlining your acceptance or non-acceptance to the Professional Development Sequence. Any student who is not accepted will be required to file an appeal to petition for continuation in the program (review GPA Policy in the Academic and Performance Policies and Guidelines section of the UTeach-Liberal Arts Student Handbook).
Appeals for the Professional Development Sequence are due to a program advisor no later than 5:00 pm on the last class day of the semester.