Government officials, reporters, scholars and energy industry representatives will discuss solutions to energy challenges in France and the United States at a campus event hosted by the Center for European Studies at The University of Texas at Austin.
Featuring a lineup of thought leaders, energy executives and politics reporters, the panel will compare and contrast the energy landscape in the United States and France around four core topics: shale gas production, the grid (including nuclear, smart grid, renewables and energy efficiency), public policy, and media coverage.
The speakers include:
- Evan Smith, CEO and editor-in-chief of the Texas Tribune
- Russell Gold, energy writer for the Wall Street Journal
- Clifford Krauss, energy writer for the New York Times
- Ernie Moniz, director of MIT’s Energy Initiative and former under secretary of the Department of Energy
- Prof. Richard Newell, director of Duke University’s Energy Initiative and former director of the Energy Information Administration
- Pierre Gauthier, president and CEO, Alstom U.S.
- Rod Nelson, vice president of Communications and Innovation & Collaboration, Schlumberger
The event is open to the public. Registration is required. Go to this website for a full list of speakers.