Nominations due to Dean Slesnick 2/26/10
The International Balzan Prize Foundation has released their annual call for nominations. Given annually to those who have earned international distinction in their fields, regardless of nationality, race or creed, the prizes are awarded each year in four subject areas, two in literature, the moral sciences and the arts, and two in the physical, mathematical and natural sciences and medicine. These subjects change every year and no more than four prizes may be awarded in any one year.
There will be four Balzan Prizes of one million Swiss francs (~$972,129 USD) each in 2010; restrictions apply.
More information is available at: http://www.balzan.org
The University of Texas at Austin will forward one nominee per category for consideration of these prizes. Each Dean and VPR ORU may submit a maximum of ONE nominee for each of the following categories:
- European History, 1400-1700 (including the British Isles)
- The History of Theatre in All Its Aspects
- Stem Cells: Biology and potential applications
- Mathematics (pure or applied)
For a nominee to be considered, the following items should be submitted to the Vice President for Research via email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 3, 2010:
1) Dean’s/Director thorough yet concise letter of support, including mention of particularly important publications;
2) nominee’s CV, including biography, date and place of birth, nationality, valid addresses, recent photograph (with indication of copyright if applicable), present position/function and main academic activities; and
3a) Humanities Nominees: a bibliography (including the above-mentioned publications, citing publisher and publication year, and adding translations of original titles should there be works translated into other languages); or
3b) Sciences Nominees: a detailed list of 10-20 of nominee’s most important publications (with full bibliographical citation).
This office will ensure that the nomination materials are delivered to Italy by the March 15, 2010, deadline.