Graduation In Absentia
Do not submit an in absentia graduation request if you are currently enrolled in any regular University day classes. You must be pursuing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts to apply.
Step 1: Degree Audit
- All degree requirements must be completed and posted to a student's University of Texas at Austin academic record before the student can begin the in absentia graduation process.
- If you are currently enrolled in a University Extension online course, final exams must be taken by October 15 to guarantee posting by the November 5 deadline.
- If coursework completed in transfer, contact the Office of Admissions at (512) 475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Create a degree audit using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) to determine if your academic record is clear.
- Continue to Step 2 if your audit is clear. If not, then contact the Liberal Arts Student Division at (512) 471-4271.
Step 2: Financial/Non-Financial Bars
Step 3: Submitting Your Request
- The Graduation in Absentia Request Form is now closed for Fall 2013. No late requests will be accepted
- Spring 2014 requests will be accepted January 13- March 31.
Step 4: Confirmation
- An advisor in the College of Liberal Arts Student Division will receive your in absentia application request. If you successfully complete Steps 1 and 2, the advisor will send an email with the appropriate forms, required fees, and instructions. The in absentia registration fee is $25. An additional $75 readmission fee will be charged for students who have not been enrolled at the University for a long semester.
- Return completed form(s) to the College of Liberal Arts Student Division. You will receive a confirmation email from Student Accounts Receivable with payment information.