GPA Deficit: A grade point deficiency is how many credit hours of B a student on probation must earn to achieve a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
How to reduce your GPA deficit
- Each credit hour of A reduces your GPA deficit by 2 points (e.g., an A in a 3-hour course reduces your deficit by 6 points).
- Each credit hour of B reduces your GPA deficit by 1 point.
- Grades of C do not affect your GPA deficit.
- Each credit hour of D increases your GPA deficit by 1 point.
- Each credit hour of F increases your GPA deficit by 2 points.
Please view the Registrar’s GPA Calculator
to fill in your grades and calculate your GPA.