This application is only for College of Liberal Arts students who expect to complete their degree this semester. If you intend to ONLY participate (walk) in the ceremony (fall or spring only), go to GEB 2.200 to sign the walk list. If you are enrolled at UT and in a University Extension online course, you must take the extension final exam no later than August 1 in order to guarantee certification for Summer 2014. If you are not currently enrolled, you may be able to graduate in absentia.
Step 1: Degree Audit
- It is important to verify your eligibility for graduation.
- Create a degree audit by using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) system.
- Visit the student affairs office in GEB 2.306 if your audit is lacking degree requirements.
Step 2: Reasons to Apply In Person
- You do not have at least a 2.0 UT or major GPA.
- You have an incomplete ('X') on your transcript.
- You are concurrently enrolled at UT and another institution. You must to provide proof of enrollment at the other institution. UT must receive all final transcripts by August 20 to guarantee certification for Summer 2014.
If any of the above are true, please visit the Student Division in GEB 2.306 to submit your graduation application. The deadline to apply is August 15.
Step 3: Reasons to Apply Online
- You are currently enrolled at UT Austin (UT Extension or UT Correspondence do NOT count).
- You have credit for at least 120 hours, including current courses.
- You have a declared major AND minor.
- You have claimed all Credit-by-Examination needed for degree requirements.
Step 4: Online Application
- The online application is now closed.
- The deadline to apply in person for Summer 2014 graduation is August 15.
Step 5: Application Status
- Already applied? Check your application status here (UT EID).
- Are you eligible for a tuition rebate? Find out here.