Step 1: Degree Audit
- It is important to verify your eligibility for graduation.
- Create a degree audit by using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) system.
- Visit the student affairs office in GEB 2.306 if your audit is lacking degree requirements.
Step 2: Submit Graduation Application
You will submit a graduation application online OR you will complete a graduation application in person at GEB 2.306. Please review the guidelines below regarding online or in-person graduation applications to see which process to use.
You can submit a graduation application online from June 8, 2016 until August 12, 2016 if:
- You are currently enrolled at UT Austin (UT Extension or UT Correspondence do NOT count).
- You have credit for at least 120 hours, including current courses.
- You have a declared major AND minor.
- You have claimed all Credit-by-Examination needed for degree requirements.
You must complete a graduation application in person in GEB 2.306 June 8, 2016 - August 12, 2016 if:
- You do not have at least a 2.0 UT or major GPA.
- You have an incomplete ('X') on your transcript.
- You are concurrently enrolled at UT and another institution. You must to provide proof of enrollment at the other institution. UT must receive all final transcripts by August 17 to guarantee certification for Summer 2016.
Step 3: Application Status
- Already applied? Check your application status here (UT EID).
- Are you eligible for a tuition rebate? Find out here.
- Online Graduation Application Deadline: August 12, 2016
- In-Person Graduation Application Deadline: August 12, 2016 by 5:00pm
- University Extension Self-Paced Final Exam Deadline: July 22, 2016
- Transcript Deadline for coursework from other institutions: August 17, 2016 by 5:00pm