Do not submit an in absentia graduation request if you are currently enrolled in any regular University day classes. You must be pursuing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts to apply.
INFORMATION FOR FALL 2014 IN ABSENTIA APPLICANTS
Payments can be made online through Friday, November 7. If payments are not submitted online, payments must be made in person or by mail to Student Accounts Receivable and the Office of Admissions.
The deadline to apply for Fall 2014 was Tuesday, November 4. If you did not meet the deadline for Fall 2014, you will need to apply in a future semester. Information, dates, and deadlines for Spring 2015 are available below.
INFORMATION FOR SPRING 2015 IN ABSENTIA APPLICANTS:
Step 1: Degree Audit
- All degree requirements must be completed and posted to a student's University of Texas at Austin academic record before the student can begin the in absentia graduation process.
- If you are currently enrolled in a University Extension online course, final exams must be taken by March 13 to guarantee posting by the April 6 deadline.
- If coursework completed in transfer, contact the Office of Admissions at (512) 475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Create a degree audit using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) to determine if your academic record is clear.
- Continue to Step 2 if your audit is clear. If not, then contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271.
NOTE: If you previously completed coursework in an expired catalog (06-08 or earlier) and did not earn your degree, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271 to discuss your options with an advisor.
Step 2: Financial/Non-Financial Bars
Step 3: Submitting Your Request
- Spring 2015 requests will be accepted January 20 - April 6.
Step 4: Confirmation
- An advisor in the College of Liberal Arts Student Division will receive your in absentia application request. If you successfully complete Steps 1 and 2, the advisor will send an email with the appropriate forms, required fees, and instructions. The in absentia registration fee is $25. An additional $75 readmission fee will be charged for students who have not been enrolled at the University for a long semester.
- Return completed form(s) to the Office of Student Affairs (GEB 2.200). You will receive a confirmation email from Student Accounts Receivable with payment information.