For graduate students in the College of Liberal Arts. Apply for funds to travel to conferences or for short term (under three months) research projects. Number of awards vary in each semester. Maximum award amount $1,000.
- Graduate student currently enrolled in the Graduate School with at least one semester completed in Liberal Arts.
- Completion of a minimum of 9 hours in residence, through the Fall 2009 semester (at time of application).
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 3.50.
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
Award amounts: Up to $1,000
The competition for competitive scholarships for the 2009-2010 academic year opens September 1, 2009.
Deadline: February 14, 2010
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time during period of award.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
Award winners will be selected by the College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the semester in which you apply.
For more information, please contact Amelia Rey-Shannon
in the Gebauer Building, GEB 3.208
, or at 475-7586. In addition, a PDF document with frequently-asked questions is available for download
Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader