Styles-Franklin County Scholarship
For Liberal Arts student from Franklin County, Texas or adjoining counties.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of each long semester
- Amount of awards: $1,000
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- For undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts
- For undergraduate students from Franklin and surrounding counties, Texas
- Based on need and scholastic aptitude
- Completion of a minimum of 12 UT hours, at time of application.
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 3.00
- Degree holders will not be considered for this award.
- Submission of a two-page essay
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time during period of award.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
Award winners will be selected by the College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the semester in which you apply.
Contact Amelia Rey-Shannon in the Gebauer Building, GEB 2.200, or call 512-475-7586.