For UT students who plan to study or conduct research in Sweden. Applicants from all academic disciplines may apply. Knowledge of the Swedish language is desirable, but not required for this scholarship.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of each semester
- Amount of awards: varies
- Deadline: See scholarship chart.
- For study in Sweden
- Open to all University students, graduate and undergraduate
- Based on scholastic aptitude
- UT-Austin GPA of 3.0 (for undergraduate students)
- UT-Austin GPA of 3.5 (for graduate students)
- Submission of a two-page essay
- Two letters of recommendation from UT faculty
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time during period of award.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
Award winners will be selected by the Swedish Endowment Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the semester in which you apply.
Contact Amelia Rey-Shannon in the Gebauer Building, GEB 3.208, or call 512-475-7586.