Texas Language Center Awards
Foreign Language Teaching Excellence Awards
The Texas Language Center sponsors the annual Texas Foreign Language Teaching Excellence Awards. Nominations are submitted by language students in the fall of each year. Awards are given to one professor or lecturer and one graduate assistant instructor based on their demonstration of the following:
- A commitment to teach foreign languages and cultures--and to do so with distinction
- Superior knowledge of the language and culture taught
- A passion for teaching
- The ability to convey excitement about learning a new language and culture
- The ability to impart knowledge while challenging students to delve more deeply into the subject matter
See the FLTE page for more details and a link to the online submission form.
Professional Development Awards
The Texas Language Center also awards Professional Development award mini-grants to practicing instructors—at any rank—of languages. Preference is given to projects that will have immediate measureable impact on students in UT language courses.
Proposals are accepted during the fall semester and awards are available for use at any time during the period April 1 - August 31.
See the PD awards page for details and a link to the online submission form.
- Language Requirement
- Moscow Plus Program
- Giving to the TLC
Texas Language Center
University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Ave, B7800
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: