TexFLEC 2013 Call for Proposals
Wed, October 10, 2012
The theme is Blending the Boundaries in the Age of Globalization: Trends, Challenges, and Innovations in Language Education. We are honored to have Dr. Lourdes Ortega, Professor of Applied Linguistics at Georgetown University, as a keynote speaker.
Proposals can be submitted through our website. Please note our priority deadline is November 30, 2012 and our final deadline is December 31, 2012. Please refer to the TexFLEC website for additional information and updates. Feel free to pass along this information to any interested parties.
Thanks from your TexFLEC 2013 Committee!
- Katie Dunlap email@example.com
- Kelly Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Li-Tang Yu email@example.com
- Lauren Romero firstname.lastname@example.org
Fourteenth Annual Texas Foreign Language Education Conference (TexFLEC) Blending the Boundaries in the Age of Globalization: Trends, Challenges, and Innovations in Language Education
February 22nd and 23rd, 2013 at The University of Texas at Austin
The Texas Foreign Language Education Conference (TexFLEC) at The University of Texas at Austin is an annual conference that brings together researchers, educators and students in the fields of foreign language education, TEFL/TESL (Teaching English as a Foreign or Second Language), linguistics, and applied linguistics.
Rapid changes in globalization have fostered an era of unprecedented interconnectedness between people. Language educators can now use innovative approaches that have helped blend previously definable distinctions in foreign or second language learning and teaching. It is time for educators and students to share and discuss current ideas and research on how these blended boundaries are impacting language classrooms.
Given the diverse areas of teaching and language learning, please use these topics as guides in developing your proposals:
- Language and Technology
- Language, Culture, and Identity
- Language and Globalization
- Second Language Acquisition vs. Foreign Language Acquisition
- Analysis of Discourse and Interaction
- Bilingual, Multilingual, and Heritage Learner Communities
- Educational and Corpus Linguistics
- Language Planning and Policy
- New Literacy Studies
- Second and Foreign Language Pedagogy
- Language for Specific Purposes
Interested participants are encouraged to submit a proposal for one of the following session types:
- Poster Presentation
- Practice-Oriented Presentation (30 minutes)
- Research-Oriented Presentation (30 minutes)
- Symposium (1 hour)
- Online submission forms and more detailed information will be available on our website
- Priority Deadline November 30, 2012; Final Deadline December 31, 2012.
- For more information, please contact TexFLEC at email@example.com
TexFLEC regularly publishes conference proceedings in Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education (TPFLE), the journal of UT's Foreign Language Education Program.
- Language Requirement
- Moscow Plus Program
- Giving to the TLC
Texas Language Center
University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Ave, B7800
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: